Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mill Creek - Saturday, August 20, 2011

I normally do not fish the weekends, but I thoroughly cleaned the boat in the morning so after lunch I just wanted to take it out. I wasn't expecting much as the water was churned to a froth by the hundreds of ski boats, jet skis, house boats and pontoons. I decided to find the quietest place I could so ran to the very beginning of Mill Creek - the water was between 3 and 8 feet deep.

I took a Zorro rattlin' Booza Bug with a pumpkin colored trailer and made a cast into the middle of this large flat. First cast I hooked up - a WALLEYE about 2-pounds. What is a Walleye doing in the back of a Creek in 4' of water? I deduced that the water must be of decent quality even though shallow.

Next cast close to a stump I hooked up with a nice Largemouth so I just kept fishing that pattern. I'd see dark places under the water (stumps) and throw to them - when it was all done, I had caught 6-LM. I kept the 5-biggest in the live well and weighed them later - total of the 5 was 16-pounds.

Upon return to the dock there was a tourney about to launch so I released the bass close enough so they could see. LOL. Yeah, a little mean and self-serving, I know. Had a nice afternoon despite the heavy traffic - now I have to clean the boat again! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment