Sunday, January 12, 2014

Late Fall and early Winter means tackle cleaning and rod building time.  This year I took some old boat-rashed reels, tore them down to parts, repainted the bodies and then reassembled.  I'll be the first to say I'm no expert and they're not fancy but they look great - fresh and ready to go.  I've also rebuilt about 5 rods that were also pretty beaten up.  Fishing?  Not much yet...too much going on with holidays, family, concerts, travel and other things that get in the way of time on the water.  Been darn right frigid here in Middle TN too.  I have one more rod to wrap and epoxy then I'm done tinkering and ready to bundle up and fish. 

My daughter is giving one of her kidneys to my Grandson (her son) on Monday, Jan. 20th.  It will be tough with two having surgery but I think the support group is in place.  I have to be Dallas for a meeting that day but I'll hurry home and relieve some of the folks during aftercare.  I expect they will both be in the hospital a good week and they have to stay close to Vanderbilt Child Hospital for about 3 weeks after that.  A long journey but it will be good to see my G'son have a chance at a "real" life.

Sweetie's at Callaway Gardens for 7 days - she's big into needlepoint and has signed up for 3-classes during that time.  We have a deal...she doesn't tell me how much she spends on her stash and I don't tell her what I spend on mine.

Have a great late winter and spring!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment